CREATING HEALTH is an 8 week lecture series researched, developed and presented by Dr Mark Pettus as part of wellness programming at Berkshire Health Systems. The series will focus on concrete lifestyle strategies for promoting optimal health and managing chronic complex disease through Nutrition, Movement, Mindfulness-based stress reduction, and Social Connection.
The series will provide a scientific, evidence-based overview of an integrative-holistic approach for the creation of health. Tune in each week for free and cutting edge advice from a good doc. Dr. Pettus will discuss the profound potential for lifestyle and behavioral changes using the latest research from the eight topics listed below:
- Origins of Health and Epigenetics
- Understanding Metabolism: how Does the Fat Switch Get Turned On?
- Inflammation: Are You Playing with Fire?
- Gastrointestinal Balance: Do You have the Guts for Health?
- Environmental Toxins: Exposure and "Waste Management"
- The Science of Mind [Neuroplasticity and Allostasis]
- Social Connection and Health: Are We Born to Bond?
- Spiritual Practice and Health Outcomes: Is this a Match Made in Heaven?
If you're interested in learning new ways to approach your own good health, tune in each week for the latest [free] download from Dr. Pettus beginning first week of February and ending last week in March. Go on Good Girl, get to know Doctor Go!